Great read that gives much food for thought for managers and employees for various ways of showing genuine appreciation without manipulation. Around 240 pages, the book addresses many areas, including:
1. Importance of knowing a person's "appreciation language".
2. False assumptions about showing appreciation.
3. Practical tips for becoming a better listener.
4. 5 types of quality time and 4 barriers to quality time with others.
5. 7 practical ways to effectively help others and 3 questions to ask yourself for helping others.
6. Suggestions for appropriate physical contact when showing appreciation (indeed, this is a "touchy" subject nowadays - pardon the pun!).
7. 3 informal ways to find your co-worker's appreciation language(s).
8. 2 key parts in giving tangible gifts as tokens of appreciation.
Well-written and full of excellent insights, the book is a great read for anyone who wants to be a better manager or co-worker. Will read again as a helpful future reference. Recommended.
I was given a review copy by Moody Publishers in exchange for a fair review and appreciate the opportunity.