"The Deeper Life" is another great compilation of writings by AW Tozer on a particular subject, with this title focusing on becoming more intimate with God. A short read at just under 100 pages, the book covers many great points, including:
- Obstacles to a deeper spiritual life.
- Intellectual knowledge of the Bible is not enough when we need to repent and experience radical change in our lives.
- Not only must we be alert to hear God's voice, we must obey Him!
- Misconceptions about the deeper life.
- Many Christians do not spend time cultivating their souls.
- Great characters in the Bible were described as being dissatisfied with their spiritual progress.
- Sometimes we may need to prune back religious activity so we can spend more time knowing God intimately (AMEN!).
- 5 helpful vows to make and keep.
As with other Tozer titles, the book is succinct, convicting, encouraging, practical, and profound. Will be read again and highly recommended. I was given a review copy by Moody Publishers in exchange for a fair review and appreciate the opportunity.