"The Power Of Preaching" by Tony Evans is a compact, short, and very good read on the essentials of preaching. Around 130 pages, the book addresses many issues on the topic, including:
1. Definition of exegetical and the difference between preaching and teaching.
2. Before preaching to others, preach and study for yourself first.
3. The importance of preaching through books of the Bible.
4. Questions to ask yourself when studying biblical text.
5. 6 categories of biblical literature.
6. Factors in effective sermon delivery.
7. Suggestions for developing a preaching calendar and the advantages of having one.
8. How to create a sermon.
Full of excellent insights, small size (easy to carry around), and very readable, this title is very helpful for anyone - preacher, teacher, or speaker. Will read again. I was given a review copy by Moody Publishers in exchange for a fair review and appreciate the opportunity.