"Say It!" is an excellent read on preaching in the African American church. Around 230 pages, many topics on the subject are covered, including:
- Definition of expository preaching.
- Styles of African American preaching.
- Expository preaching in the Old Testament (Pentateuch, Historical, Poetical, and Prophetic books).
- Expository preaching in the New Testament (Gospels and Acts, Epistles, Apocalyptic).
- Reasons to preach through the entire Bible.
I like reading about the insights about the black church and the book was easy to read and flowed smoothly from chapter to chapter. I've had the fortune of attending some services at black churches and thoroughly enjoyed them and can see how this book definitely applies to their churches.
Recommended and will read more deeply next time. An excellent reference.
I was given a review copy by Moody Publishers in exchange for a fair review and appreciate the opportunity.