"Virtual Reality Church" is an excellent read on the impact technology has and can have on the church and sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ with the world. Around 250 pages, the book covers many topics on the subject, including:
- How technology has changed over the years.
- Some early pioneers (Billy Graham, etc.) who used the technology of their time to reach others with the gospel.
- How technology has changed so much over the years.
- Opportunities the church has to use technology to share the gospel around the world.
- Ways technology can help the church.
The title is an excellent read, insightful, and is a good challenge for believers to be more flexible and adaptable to today's changes in the world of technology and the many opportunities the church has. I particularly liked the comments by persons quoted in the book who stated that technology should be used to supplement and not replace in person meetings at church (assuming people are able to attend and are not hindered by health, work, location, etc.). Excellent read and recommended.
I was given a review copy by Moody Publishers in exchange for a fair review and appreciate the opportunity.