"On Waiting Well" by Bradley Baurain is a great title for anyone in a season of waiting on the Lord to act on their behalf in a particular area of their life. Around 160 pages, the title covers many topics about the subject, including:
- What it means to wait on the Lord (it's not passively sitting around doing nothing).
- Myths of waiting.
- Truths about waiting.
- Reasons why we have to wait (can be related to us, other people, the Lord, etc.).
- How waiting develops our character.
- Waiting with anticipation for the Lord to act in His way and time and for His glory.
- What the Lord may want from us as we wait.
The book is very well-written, thoughtful, and is a great balance of spiritual insights and practical suggestions when in a season of waiting. Will be an excellent read and future reference for anyone in a season of waiting. I was given a review copy by Moody Publishers in exchange for a fair review and appreciate the opportunity.