"Walk With Me" is a good and refreshing read on disciplemaking. Indeed, in a day where numbers seem to be all that matters (even in church!), the title focuses more on placing more importance on spiritual fruit instead of numbers. Around 170 pages, the title covers such topics as:
- Walk in relationship with each other instead of just a superior-junior relationship.
- Be simple in your walk together (do not need to complicate life and discipleship).
- Walk slowly (so countercultural to our "hurry up" society!).
- Walk deeply instead of superficially hurrying through life and relationships.
- Walk on mission and with a purpose (focus on God's direction and don't let the world mold into its image).
The book is well-written, easy to understand, and contains excellent principles that if applied, will lead to better quality disciples. The author shares on his many years of discipleship experience and the reader will learn new things and be reminded of other concepts related to discplemaking. Recommended.
I was given a review copy by Moody Publishers in exchange for a fair review and appreciate the opportunity.